The Puricelli'sche Stiftung Rheinböllen was founded on 9 November 1864. Established as the Rheinböllen Catholic Orphanage Foundation by Heinrich and Eugénie Puricelli in lasting memory and in execution of the intentions of their deceased daughter Jenny Puricelli, as well as for the spiritual and physical welfare of the inhabitants of Rheinböllen and the surrounding area, it was considerably expanded by Franziska Puricelli and structurally realised from 1884 onwards, and still exists today. Until 1973, Catholic nuns ran an orphanage and a hospital in the foundation buildings. Subsequently, the facility was run by an entrepreneur as a home for the elderly and disabled. In 2006, the Franciscan Brothers of the Holy Cross took over the old people's and nursing home. After the construction of a new building in the immediate vicinity, the main building dating back to the time of the founders was converted into flats suitable for the elderly in 2013.